One of our services is conducting studies and surveys: seeking information, summarising and presenting information understandably. Tyrsky’s experts master the methods of information seeking including reviews, interviews and surveys. Comparative information or interesting examples from different countries are sought in our international surveys. Our versatile language skills and comprehensive European networks are great assets in this work.
Be in touch!
Examples of our client cases
- New measures in climate governance and strengthening the climate act. Government's analysis, assessment and research activities. 2020. Report in Finnish.
- Policy recommendations to seize the potential of community energy in the Baltic Sea region. Available in English, Finnish, Swedish, Lithuanian and Polish. Co2mmunity project. Regional Council of South Ostrobothnia. 2020.
- A brief summary of the key issues of the Paris Climate Agreement. Kalevi Sorsa Foundation. 2020. Publication in Finnish.
- A brief summary of EU climate policy for decision-makers. Kalevi Sorsa Foundation. 2019. Publication in Finnish.
- Study on winning measures in agriculture to combat eutrophication in the Baltic Sea Region – their benefits, use and policy measures in place in nine Baltic Sea Region countries. WWF Sweden. 2019.
- A study on the certification of renewable energy installers. Problems, barriers and possibilities. Motiva Ltd. 2019.
- Assessment of the national climate change adaptation plan 2022, external assessment of stakeholder views. Tyrsky carried out the work together with Akordi Ltd. Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry. 2018. Report in Finnish.
- Summary of the results of different sewage sludge research projects in Finland. Ministry of the Environment. 2018. Report in Finnish.
- Country expert for Finland in the assessment of Flood Risk Management. The European Commission. 2018. Subcontractor of Milieu Ltd. Final report.
- Country expert for Finland in the assessment of River Basin Management Plans. The European Commission. 2018. Subcontractor of Milieu Ltd. Final report.
- Country expert for Finland in the assessment of River Basin Management Plans in regard to the implementation of the Water Framework Directive. The European Commission. 2018. Subcontractor of ACTeon Sarl.
- Novel soil management practices - key for sustainable bioeconomy and climate change mitigation (SOMPA). Academy of Finland, Strategic Research. 2018-2020.
- The state and structure of water services. Government’s analysis, assessment and research activities. 2018. Final report in Finnish
- Managing climate initiatives: Finland’s strategic position in the Global Climate Action Agenda. Written for the Finnish Ministry for the Environment. Report in Finnish. 2018.
- Summary of the Risk Assessment of Biogas production in the Baltic Sea Region from nutrient management perspective. John Nurminen Foundation. 2017.
- Study on phosphorus recycling from sewage sludge. Government’s analysis, assessment and research activities. 2017. Report in Finnish.
- How Finland should prepare for the obligations of the international climate agreement. Government’s analysis, assessment and research activities. 2016. Two final reports of the study: Implementation of the Paris Agreement and tasks to develop its rulebook and Pariisin kokouksen jälkeiset näkymät ja suomalaiset ilmastoratkaisut
- Teaming up for transport. Sustainable modes of transport on children’s leisure journeys. Finnish Transport Agency, HSL Helsinki Region Transport and City of Helsinki Environment Centre. 2015.
- Preparation of an example on Finsolar project and case studies on Kutsuplus service and Hinku project to be used as teaching material. Climate-KIC Programme, Transitions Hub. 2015.
- Study on the European Local Energy Assistance (ELENA) support. Motiva. 2015. Project report in Finnish.
- Project preparing the organisation of information and guidance concerning humidity issues in buildings. The Ministry of the Environment commissioned the report from Motiva. Tyrsky, as a subcontractor of Motiva, carried out group interviews of experts and an internet survey of citizens, and prepared a report of the results. 2015.
- Popularized description of environmental effects of ruminants, Järki project BSAG. 2015. Project report in Finnish.
- Study on international examples of biodiversity and wildlife management in agriculture, Järki project Nature and Game Management Trust Finland. 2015. Project report in Finnish.
- Study on international examples of agricultural water protection, nutrient management and manure management, Järki-project BSAG. 2014. Project report in Finnish.
- Study on energy poverty in the context of energy renovations in Finland. Ministry of the Environment. 2014. Additional information and report: Ministry of the Environment.
- Study on how large businesses may act as locomotives pulling environmental technology SMEs to export markets. Nordic Council. 2014. The main consultant in the project is COWI and Tyrsky is responsible for the Finnish part of the project as a subcontractor. Project Report.
Tel +358 40 833 3383
Tel +358 40 879 8713